The Milltown Fire Department was incorporated on Feb. 22, 1911 as The Eureka Fire Company No. 1. In 1922, this Company was disbanded and two new Companies were incorporated:
Eureka Engine Company No. 1 located on South Main Street which currently houses 2 Engines.
Eureka Hose Company No. 1 located on Cottage Avenue which currently houses 1 Engine and 1 Ladder.
On February 1, 2020, Eureka Engine Company No 1 and Eureka Hose Company No 1 were relocated to Fire Headquarters located on Washington Avenue.
The Milltown Fire Department is governed by a Board of Fire Officers consisting of the Chief, Deputy Chief and Assistant Chief as well as a Captain, 1st Lt. and 2nd Lt.
We are a volunteer organization and our equipment is funded by the Borough of Milltown.
Several fund raisers are held throughout the year to support the fire department treasuries. These funds are used for membership expenses, to support community activities such as sponsorship in the Milltown Little League and to support various charities including a scholarship for high school seniors.